The Château de Montvason has a rich past. Its construction commenced in the late 1850's and it was completed by the Pioerron de Mondesir family in 1878.
Originally the farm and stables next door were part of the estate, but it was separated when the Chateau was sold in the 1949. The archways between both properties are still visible. The family were still using carriages until the 1930's, our carriage circle, still exists, as does the separate carriage entrance.